The admit card for SSC CHSL 2020 exam will be released soon.
The provisional schedule for the SSC CHSL 2020-21 exam has already been published by SSC along with its Official Calendar. Please note down the important dates related to CHSL Exam 2020 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|SSC CHSL 2020-21 Notification||30th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Registration Strats From||30th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Online Application Ends on||15th December 2020|
The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen persons
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Debit/Credit Card. Challan form will be generated in online
• To pay a fee in cash, the candidate must take the print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the required fees in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay fees online can go directly to part-2 registration after complete of part-1 registration.
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in 3 stages (Tiers). While the first one is an online exam the latter two are offline exam. The total process of registration and imparting happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Applicant must qualify each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally choose.
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of three different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is an objective model exam that will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2020, with 100 questions that report for a total of 200 marks. The subject wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ patternfolding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 ???? + Cos2 ????=1, etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate?s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 percent. The performance in Tier-II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10 levels.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2020 comprises of a couple of skill tests that are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
To get an insight into SSC CHSL 2020 Cut-Off, we must have an idea about previous year's cut-off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2018-19:
SSC CHSL Result will be declared after the examination for all Tiers of SSC CHSL 2020 exam has been conducted.